Home

Monday, May 30, 2011

Cooling off in Baguio

For a change, last weekend's destination was to the summer capital of the Philippines - Baguio! After perspiring nonstop here in Manila, it's time to bid the scorching sun goodbye. My family stayed in The Manor in Camp John Hay. It was just my third time to go to Baguio. We usually frequent the beaches the whole year round because my dad is a water sports fanatic. I was excited to do something different aside from immersing myself in the waters.


Growing up, I wasn't really a fan of native goods(colonial mentality) but now I have a learned appreciation for local products especially those created by the indigenious peoples of the Philippines. There's something really beautiful and interesting in the way Filipinos can turn seemingly ugly things into wonderful creations! The weaving designs are very intricate, colorful and one-of-a-kind. 
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

There were also outlet shops in the Camp John Hay area. I saw this super cute shiny electric red raincoat in a Mango outlet. Was suppose to get it for the early rainy season but just didn't. Talk about self-control. Yay!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The freebies that come with a suite room.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
make an avatar
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The beautiful view from one of the balconies in our room.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tough top/Bazaar shorts/Doc Martens boots/People r People glasses

4 comments:

  1. love the glasses, and you look great in these headpieces!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's the same place we stayed when my family and I visited Baguio. It's nice to know that there are nice places to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your headscarf and your top. i just found your blog, i'm your newest follower, would be lovely if you checked out my little blog x

    http://the-q-project.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Free Domains at .co.nr